Thursday, September 22, 2005

Letting go?

A few years back, I met a wonderful person, and developed a friendship that was very special to me. Over the past couple of years, however, I have had to watch that friendship crumble. I have run around in circles trying to stop it happening.. we have both put up repairs, but they haven't managed to last.

I don't always know why things like this happen, but I do believe that this one is out of my control. I have been everything I should be, and offered all I can, and I can do nothing more.

With a small thread of friendship left, I feel I may have let go of that in anger the other day. It's not the person concerned that angers me, but the situation, and my feeling of helplessness.

I don't know where we have left to go, or what the future holds. But instead of running around in circles, and fighting every step of the way, I can now say, "what will be, will be".

Mind you, if you're reading.. I miss you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Passion said...

I've recently let a friendship go, a friendship which at one stage was very fulfilling and soul connecting. As much as both of us still wanted to keep the friendship; however, time, circumstances, our maturity level and life attitudes have changed and the connection we used to have is no longer there. While I'll always cherish this precious friendship, it's time to let go. In life nothing stays the same, the best way is to let go of those who have served its purpose, give thanks to them and move on.

22 September 2005 at 10:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay strong MJ

Thinking of you

Hugs

Lou x

26 September 2005 at 09:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other friends can take the place of those who have fallen away...

katherine

1 March 2007 at 17:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home