Sunday, February 26, 2006

Doors & Windows

How does that phrase go.. "When God shuts a door, he always opens a window"? I never really got that.. why shut a perfectly good door, and then make us crawl, probably very ungracefully, through a window?!

Of course, I get the general meaning, and it can be interpreted in many different ways. Recently a good friend, someone I used to really care about, decided to step out of my life.. and she's made sure the door slammed firmly shut. It's been a long journey, as you can tell just from a few posts here, but I've finally accepted I can do nothing about it.

However, as always, other people have stepped into my life.. some have come and gone in a short time, but have offered me something whilst they've been around. Others have stepped in, and I have a good feeling that they're going to stay. :)

Hmm, there's a thought... maybe they're the ones who have to crawl through the window? Hopefully they're manage more gracefully than me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Maybe it's more of a sliding glass door than crawling thru a window. ;-)

26 February 2006 at 13:36  
Blogger Michelle said...

"When God shuts a door, he install a sliding one instead." ?! LOL

However you got in Cindy, I'm glad you're here!

2 March 2006 at 12:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home