Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Birthday...

That's that then.. another birthday almost over. Thank you to anyone who sent birthday wishes.. be it by a traditional card, ecard, text, or message on a forum.. I appreciate them all. Also thank you to a lovely friend who kept me company on AIM all afternoon.. it was fun! :)

Tomorrow it's back to reality.. I have to write my cv and fill in an application form, and I've been putting it off. It's for a little bit of agency work in the weekends - thankfully we don't need the cash, but it will make life more comfortable. I've put it off not because I don't want to work, but rather that going back to work scares me. For the past few years I was working in a day surgery unit, and then as practice nurse. Going back to working on a traditional hospital ward will be difficult, and doing it as an agency nurse, when you're expected to just get on with it, is scarey.

Still, it needs to be done, and filling out that form will be the first step. If anyone catches me making excuses, and putting it off, give me a push!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Michelle
Happy birthday to you!

Best wished
Jo ( Ttc)

2 March 2006 at 12:41  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Change of any kind is scary for me, Michelle. I think that's part of the reason why I'm not published yet. Fear of success, fear of the unknown,fear of what expectations my editor will have of me later on...

Sometimes, you just have to take a deep breath, close your eyes and charge ahead full tilt and pray you don't break your neck! LOL!

Glad you had a nice birthday. :)

2 March 2006 at 18:23  
Blogger The Book Fiend said...

Glad you had a nice day, Duckie. :)

3 March 2006 at 16:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home