Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Collecting

Do you collect anything.. or is there anything you would like to collect, if only you had the funds?!

As a child, I realised that I had a few pigs (no, not the type that go 'oink oink'!), and so I decided that I was going to collect them. I started off with small cute ones, and as I got older, I progressed to 'Piggins', which are quite comical little things.

That collecting phase has passed.. I've kept a few of my favourite Piggins, but the rest have gone. My collection had been started by a full set of Natwest Pigs, and I'm afraid I sold them when I needed a new cotbed for Amy.

As for the present day, although I didn't set out to collect anything, I now have a small collection of small teddy bears upstairs. I like Gunds and Boyds, and my favourite is my little Steiff that my mum bought me. :)

Other than that, I do like carved wooden boxes, and if I could justify spending out, I could see myself collecting these too. At least I could put things in them, and actually 'use' them.

So how about you, dear reader..?


4 Comments:

Blogger The Book Fiend said...

When I was a kid I used to collect novelty erasers - I had all kinds of shapes, sizes & scents - hundreds of them. I've no idea what happened to them. I also used to collect stickers - nothing in particular - I just used to stick them into a scrap book. Keyrings were a bit of a thing for me for a while - had hundreds of those, but again, i have no idea where they went...

25 April 2006 at 21:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never have anything in your house that you beleive to be useful or beautiful......May Morris

I have taken that on board and collect beautiful things, often eclectic, a hand carved wooden spoon from portugal, a stone my son gave me, a tin that used to contain baking powder...... it means lots to me but little to others

26 April 2006 at 11:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

Really sorry I've not been here in ages. I've (Until last week) been blogging from net cafes, but now have net back at home. So basically its been a case of blogging and commenting and I have not had enough time to address everyone on my friends list. Most of the time it can take upwards of 2 hours to reach everyone on my list, read their blogs and also comment. So its been difficult to address everyone these last few months. But now I am getting things back in order and hope to be in touch with all my friends on spaces, including you.
So appologies if I have not been for a while, But I am back now!
Hear from you soon.
(((HUGS)))

syn,
xxx

ps do you want me to continue listing you on your msn space or here?

27 April 2006 at 01:10  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Hey there--

I collect sheepy things. Hardly surprising given my hobbies. LOL! I'm trying to keep them under control, but I got one last Easter from dh that is as big as a two year old child!

My favorite is this Japanese one that baas when you press a chip in its ear.

And I have a Sheep Pez candy dispenser.

My very first one is no longer with us...she passed away after accidentally being put out in the garage one winter. Her name was Baabra...my sister made her and she wore a plaid coat. I loved her and I miss her dreadfully. But the mice and moths got to her while she was missing and when I found her, I wasn't able to save her. :(

29 April 2006 at 13:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home