Sunday, May 07, 2006

Do we have a sleepwalker?

A little while ago, I found Bethany almost out of her room, having dragged her duvet off her bed, and dragging it behind her. Last night it happened again.

Earlier in the night, I found her standing next to her bed, holding her pj bottoms in her hand, and crying. My 1st thought was that she'd had an 'accident', but she hadn't.

Then about 30 mins later, she was once again dragging her duvet out of room, and was at the top of the stairs.

Thinking back, some of the times that she appears in our room, she may not be awake, as she doesn't always respond.

Her Dad doesn't sleepwalk in the 'classic' sense, but he does do some strange things in his sleep sometimes!

Does anyone have experience of this.. any tips?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Angry said...

Sounds like sleepwalking. I remember my brother being like that. The crying was from suddenly waking up and having no idea where he was. You have stairs? I'd think about putting some sort of gate there if you don't have one already

7 May 2006 at 07:28  
Blogger The Book Fiend said...

I'm an occasionsal sleepwalker myself. Like Mr Angry says, if you have stairs, a gate might be a very good idea - just in case. Your best bet when you spot her night-wandering is to gently, but firmly, guide her back to bed & stay a few minutes to get her settled again. She may well just be going through a phase that she'll grow out of. I rarely sleepwalk any more, although I do still occasionally mumble something about getting icecream & end up in the kitchen - LOL!

9 May 2006 at 21:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home