Friday, June 09, 2006

Here we go....

So here we go.. the World Cup starts today. Are England going to make us proud, or are all those flags soon going to be ripped down in disgust?! lol

That's the trouble with England, as far as I can see.. you can never tell how they're going to play. When we think they're doing great, they get beaten, and when we're all saying how rubbish they are, they beat Germany 5-1! (I lOVED that game!)

My first memories of the World Cup must be Mexico in 1986.. not only did my mum watch it, but my best friend at school was a big football fan, so of course I became interested too. I remember being so disgusted that Maradona could get away with that 'hand of God', and of course it was all his fault that we got knocked out! ;-)

1990.. losing the semi-final to Germany in a penalty shootout. :-( What else is there to say?

1998 I remember for a different reason.. I was pregnant, and feeling rough! I'm pretty sure we were on holiday in Devon when Argentina beat us on penalties, but I remember more feeling sick and tired! :-(

2002.. knocked out by Brazil (who went on to win) in the quarter finals.

And so, what lies ahead for us in Germany................??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home