Thursday, May 18, 2006

Eurovision

Ok, I admit it.. I like the Eurovision Song Contest! I love watching the different entries, and laughing at alot of them, and Terry Wogan's comments add to the whole experience.

I've watched for many years.. I cheered when Bucks Fizz won, and laughed when Jemini earned 'nul points'. (I actually went on to be a Bucks Fizz fan for a while, but you'll have to let me off.. I was only young!)

It's not a serious contest, but one to be watched with a sense of fun. The voting is so political anyway, and we don't seem to be very popular.. but it's still fun to take part.

As for this years entry, I'm not sure what I think. At first glance, it seems a very unusual entry.. but it's very catchy, and very well done. It was certainly more polished than dear old Jemini, and it actually looked as if it had come straight from a modern musical. But is it what the Eurovision Song Contest is looking for? Something tells me no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home