Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Argh!!

As some of you know, we have major long term roadworks going on around us. Most of the time it's been an annoyance, but a couple of times it's caused us real problems.

At one point Bethany had to stop Judo on a Wednesday evening, because the traffic was so bad, and we now have to leave a little bit earlier in the mornings.

This morning however, things are horrendous.. the traffic on the main dual-carriageway doesn't appear to be moving at all, and the cars approaching it were turning around, obviously fed up with the wait.

The way the roads are situated, I have 3 routes out - this morning, all 3 of them were blocked. I couldn't see movement, so we turned around and came home.

I called hubby, and even at 7:30, when he left, the traffic was crawling, so I don't know what's changed this morning. There was talk of an extra pair of traffic lights going up for a couple of weeks. If that's the case, and this is the effect, I might find myself taking my daughter to school at 7 in the morning!!

And the annoying thing is that my council tax is probably helping to fund this - instead, I think I should be getting a refund, as compensation for this stress!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Has the council published any information that tells how long they expect the construction to last and what their goals are?

If they haven't, you ought to go to the next meeting and speak up! You're the tax payer. They work for you and are accountable to you.

If there are enough complaints, then maybe they'll do something, like perhaps start working at night so it causes as few difficulties as possible.

Just a suggestion.

9 May 2006 at 12:28  
Blogger Michelle said...

Link

As you can see, it's a big project. Everything is on-going, so only working at night wouldn't make a difference.

I'm hoping that something happened this morning to cause the problem.. I have my fingers crossed for later.

9 May 2006 at 12:35  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thankfully things were back to "normal" when I went to pick Bethany up. Now we see what tomorrow morning brings...

9 May 2006 at 16:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home