Sunday, March 12, 2006

Amy...

Amy has reached that point that all toddlers seem to hit.. knowing the animal noises! She really impressed us with her farmyard knowledge the other day.. cats went meow, ducks went quack, sheep went baa, and so on. However, there's one little blip in Amy's world.. apparently frogs jump up and down, and say.. 'oink'. She knows that pigs say oink, and we've told her countless times that frogs say 'ribbit'. But in Amy's world, they're still going 'oink'!

She's also good at recognising pictures now.. we were going through a book yesterday, and she was telling me the names of some things, and pointing at others. When I asked her where the 'light' was (there was a lamp in the book), she slowly looked upwards, pointed to the ceiling light, and with a smile on her face said, "there it is".

Would you be surprised to hear that when we were looking up our Chinese horoscopes (Beth had been asked to find out hers for school), Amy turns out to be a monkey?!

(In case you're wondering, Beth is a tiger, hubby is a rooster, and I'm an ox!)


2 Comments:

Blogger The Book Fiend said...

I'm a dragon. But that's on top of being a Goose. I hope you'll teach Amy that a Goose goes Honk! Unless they're me, in which case they go "Hello, Amy!" & wave!

12 March 2006 at 23:49  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

That's funny! Frogs say "oink"! LOL! Just wait til her imaginary friend shows up. :)

I'm a rat...wait, let me rephrase that...I was born in the year of the rat. Important difference there.

13 March 2006 at 13:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home