Sunday, July 23, 2006

Watching the clouds

Driving back from Essex today, I found myself getting lost in the clouds.. does anyone else do that? :)

The clouds today were those lovely fluffy ones, that look so 3-dimensional and solid. They were set against a backdrop of a beautiful blue sky, and yet some were dark storm clouds. In fact, some were partly grey, and partly white, and where the sun was catching the white, it was a fascinating contrast of colours.

To finish off the picture, to one side the sun was shining through the clouds, so that you could actually see 'rays' reaching down to the earth.

Sometimes I get caught up in the wonderful nature we have all around us, and I could have watched those clouds for ages.

Surely I'm not the only one....!? :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget how 3 d clouds are. When you go up in a pplane you see you sculptural they are and how they physically take up space. I forget on the ground and see them as falt, rather like the difference between trees in summer and the sculptural shape of trees in winter, you see all the framework. Its nice to get lost in nature, it helps to ground us in a strange way.
Anna

24 July 2006 at 11:11  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Anna, and sorry about having to moderate comments. I got hit by spammers yet again, so I can't leave it as it is.

24 July 2006 at 11:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had hit the wrong button!
anna

26 July 2006 at 18:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't heard from you in a while, are you still lost in the clouds?
Anna

7 August 2006 at 09:15  
Blogger Michelle said...

I wish!:)
I've just been really busy, especially with my eldest on school holidays. I'll get back soon, I promise.

7 August 2006 at 09:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home