Thursday, March 01, 2007

Another birthday...

Well, that's another birthday over with.. whether I'm another year wiser remains to be seen! :-)

Every year my birthday is a little different.. last year I spent my afternoon chatting to Cindy on AIM.. this year the poor lass is stuck at work. Last year I was very reflective.. this year I only allowed myself a few short minutes to do that in. Last year I'm sure there were more ecards etc.. but this year I've realised that it doesn't matter.. the ones I do recieve are the important ones.

Last year I looked out all day for a message from a particular friend.. and when it came in the following day, I reacted in a way I didn't expect. This year, I don't expect to hear from her at all.. it still makes me sad, but that's just the way things are. What I did get was a lovely ecard from someone, which made my day. As I blogged some time ago, windows really do open when doors shut!

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, and here's to new open windows! ;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Michelle,
Happy birthday to you.

Imagine a little fairy cake with a red stripey candle on it whizzing its way from me!
Anna

Ps Don't wait for other people to celebrate your birthday when they send you a card. Treat your self to something you enjoy and feel no guilt.

2 March 2007 at 13:04  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Hey there--

Sorry I was away for Your Day. Please know I was with you in spirit. :)

I've begun visualizing more free time for myself--without any drop in income. When that happens, we'll be able to chat more often. :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Love,

Cindy

3 March 2007 at 01:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home