Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ouch!

Since starting my new job, I've been dreading the day when I had to work with one of my bad headaches.. and yesterday it finally happened. My usual painkillers didn't do the trick, and by mid afternoon, I was losing the ability to even think straight.

Somehow I managed to get through, and I came home at 5:30, for a Tramadol, and a darkened room. Oh.. and the company of a purring cat! (Which was actually quite comforting.)

About an hour later, things were under control enough to get up and do my usual evening stuff.. get the girls bathed etc. But, by the time I tried to sleep, I was feeling generally unwell. Whether that was the headache 'hangover' or the tablets, I'm not sure, but I had alot of trouble sleeping because of it. Add in Amy having a night time cough, and you end up with a very tired me today!

So what were the after effects? Well, whilst browning off some chicken for the slow cooker, I managed to burn my little finger. Then, whilst trying to open a box with a pair of new (sharp) scissors, I managed to slice my thumb! Nice one, Michelle!!

Before long, it'll be time to pick Beth up from school, cook dinner, do baths etc. Then I can think about a nice hot bath, and an early night. Oh, I forgot.. I have a pile of ironing to do as well. But then again, with my track record today, maybe I shouldn't be using a hot iron today!? LOL

5 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Ouch is right!

My advice is leave the ironing for another day or ask Glen to press what's absolutely necessary for tomorrow.

With your current track record, staying away from sharp/hot objects is your best bet! :)

Sorry it's been a rough day for you, but I'm sure you'll feel better after a good night's sleep.

Take care!

7 March 2007 at 15:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been through the ringer, hon. So sorry to hear it. Takd care of your cuts, burns and headache!!! (sheesh)

Look forward to talking with you soon.

katherine

7 March 2007 at 17:34  
Blogger The Book Fiend said...

Definitely leave the ironing and give yourself a treat to cheer yourself up a bit - you deserve to after such a cruddy time of it.

7 March 2007 at 20:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh poor you, one of those days when all you can think about is going to bed!
Do you remember a time when that meant with hubby? but now it means alone with peace and calm (and "don't you dare disturb me when you come to bed" to hubby!)
Hope tomorrow is better
Anna

8 March 2007 at 12:15  
Blogger Neriah said...

Hi. I followed you here from another blog. I am a nurse here in the USA. Just thought I'd say hello. I am a reading fiend too.

4 April 2007 at 23:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home