Friday, March 17, 2006

Bookworm Bethany

Soon after she turned 7, Bethany was placed on the 'free reader' level at school.. and so far, she's one of only three in her year. This means that as well as having more difficult books, she can go and get a new one whenever she wants, instead of set days.

This seems to have been an inspiration to her, as she's now working through them at quite a rate! Today we went to the library, and I helped her choose some more 'grown up' books, including a Secret Seven story, a Jacqueline Wilson book, and Hans Christian Andersen's 'The Snow Queen' ( I actually fancied that one myself, since it was an important part of Graham Masterton's 'Spirit').

When we came home I discussed the idea of reviews with her, and she liked the idea. So, she started 'Bethany's Book of Reviews'. I'm just about to set her up her own blog, so she can also practice her typing, and keep an online record. :) Watch out for the link when she's done her first one!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Book Fiend said...

I LOVE The Snow Queen - it's one of my favourite HCA stories.

I think I'll pop over & see B's review now since the link's up...

18 March 2006 at 09:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home