Friday, April 13, 2007

Bargain Hunting...

Today I went shopping with the girls and my mum, hoping to maybe get a couple of sweatshirts for Beth, and maybe a summer jacket. Whilst walking to Matalan, I noticed a NEXT Clearance store, and decided to pop in. Not only were the clothes cheaper anyway, but many were also on sale! But of course, I had to head for the children's section...

I managed to get Beth a jacket, a pink lightweight sweatshirt, and two long sleeved tops, and we also found matching for Amy. And that was Beth's idea! LOL So, 2 jackets and 6 tops, for the grand total of £37.. pretty good so far! :D

Then we wandered into Matalan's, saw absolutely nothing in the girls section, but spotted 2 sweatshirts in the boys section that were pretty unisex. One was only £5, the other reduced to £2.50! Still doing well...

Then I picked up the same tops, age 12-13, and thought how big they looked.... Sure enough, not only did they fit, but they looked pretty good too. I suppose, on reflection, your average teenage lad is quite big... hehe

So, the grand total was 2 jackets, 4 tops and 6 sweatshirts.. all for £54! Bargain! LOL

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its good when that happens! I need to do similar for my 2 youngest, although in a hunt for shorts for the warm weather I found a whole stack of clothes put away!
Anna

15 April 2007 at 08:43  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Anna,
I still need to hunt through the bags in the loft, to see what we have. We went shopping for sandals yesterday.. I love this warm weather! :D

15 April 2007 at 09:12  
Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

Don't you just love a good bargain? :)

A couple weeks ago, I found some trousers and a top in my favorite material--travel knit--they were half price, then on clearance at 30% off the discounted price. Basically, 80% off the original price. I got both pieces for less than the discounted price of the trousers. Sweet!

15 April 2007 at 18:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ok on sandals as the eldest and I found a bargain pair in the January sales, I have children with slow growing feet so its worth the risk. #2 is still in Doodles and #3 doesn't need any yet! Whereas I definately need sandles, trousers.......etc etc!
Anna

16 April 2007 at 18:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very productive day indeed. WHo cares what the label is or even what department the garment comes from, right? As long as it looks great and fits!

katherine

16 April 2007 at 19:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home