Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tour De France

I found out yesterday that the Tour De France this year will pass literally streets away from me. I knew it was coming close, but not THAT close! I suppose I should be excited, and if it's not too crowded, I guess I could go along and wave at the tv cameras.. ;-)

However, because of the way the roads are laid out around here, we will be COMPLETELY shut off. That means I won't be able to make any plans for that day (possibly all weekend), because I won't be able to go anywhere. It's kinda weird, to lose my choice to be able get in my car and drive off, if I so wish.

There's another negative too. Some of my friends know that we have had MAJOR roadwords going on around here for some time, which have caused alot of stress. Well, that is finally nearing it's end, and has gotten much better. Now, however, more roadworks have sprung up, along the Tour route.. more chaos and stress during my daily journeys! (Yes, I know it'll be nice to have improved roads.. but the ironic thing is that we're moving away from here in the summer. )

Anyway, if you're a fan of the Tour, and you fancy coming my way to watch it, let me know, and pop in for a cup of tea! :-D

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh gosh we would be very excited if it was near our house. Very into cycling here ( as a form of transport, not racing) I saw the Milk Race many years ago as a child and the speed is impressive but don't blink or you will miss the cyclists!
Sorry to hear about the roadworks
Anna

19 April 2007 at 12:27  
Blogger Michelle said...

You could always come down and visit me! ;-)

19 April 2007 at 12:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, all 5 of us?! shall I bring the dog?
Anna

23 April 2007 at 11:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, nothing sounds more fun than stopping by for tea and getting stuck staying at your house!!!!

Katherine
(PS: it's: Steps of a dancewriter, not dreamwriter,lol)

25 April 2007 at 19:04  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry! I shall go and change it!

25 April 2007 at 19:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home