Friday, March 24, 2006

Tea or Coffee?

Is it true that Brits like their tea, and the Americans always drink coffee? Or am I being terrribly stereotypical?! I'm a tea drinker.. I occasionally like coffee, especially if I've been out for a meal, but on the whole, it's the tea bags that I reach for.

How about the type of tea or coffee.. are you fussy over what you drink, or do you slurp whatever is put in front of you? I'm not particularly fussed.. I have Sainsbury's own coffee in the cupboard, and that does me fine when I do crave some caffeine. My hubby likes PG Tips, so I go along with that awell.

When I was having some trouble sleeping, I bought some shop brand decaffinated tea bags, and Glen was horrified. They taste fine to me, but he insists on his PG Tips. Have I married a tea snob?! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia Hamer said...

I am an admitted coffee snob. I won't touch house brands. They're usually "mutts"...bits of this and that thrown together, usually over-roasted and I'd rather do without than drink it.

I think I'm the same way with tea. I didn't really care too much for tea until I got a taste of some good quality tea many years back. Suddenly, it dawned on me, it wasn't tea in general I disliked, just the one brand that was most readily available.

It's true that you get what you pay for. If you get the cheap stuff, it's going to taste cheap.

Lucky you, Michelle, to live in a place where even the most modest of teas is better quality than what we get! :-) You'd probably choke if you took a sip of some of the stuff they pass off as tea in restaurants around here.

24 March 2006 at 18:02  
Blogger The Book Fiend said...

I'm mostly a coffee drinker, but I'm happy enough to settle for the likes of Gold Blend. I go for tea when i'm feeling a bit down & I always go for a good old mug of Tetley - you can't beat it for beating the blues.

24 March 2006 at 22:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither, never really developed a taste for it as a child, will drink most other things, squash, juice, red, white wine, not too fussy really!

27 March 2006 at 12:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home